Notify GHARRP of:
- New Properties acquired
- Properties deleted (sold, demolished, etc.)
- Additions and deletions of vehicle
- Additions and deletions of approved drivers
- Changes in property values, at least annually – you MUST maintain your property values at replacement cost. GHARRP provides replacement cost coverage, so you need to value your buildings at replacement cost. GHARRP annually reviews cost to see if an across-the-board adjustment needs to be applied to reflect inflation, etc. However, members who upgrade their properties, etc. need to review their values to ensure they reflect current replacement cost, or you risk not receiving replacement cost when you have a loss.
- Changes/increases in your contents coverage and Inland marine coverage. Computer, phone, and security systems, as well as furnishings in offices and community facilities, need to have a value established and reported to GHARRP so that amount can be shown separately to guarantee full coverage.
- The creation of an Authority controlled non-profit or a change to an existing non-profit. GHARRP can only insure housing authorities and their non-profit subsidiaries and affiliates that are controlled by the Authority (basically the majority of the Board of the non-profit must be composed of housing authority board members and staff). If you have a question on this call GHARRP’s Executive Director to make sure you will be covered.
Each member is responsible for trying to avoid risks. This can be done through safe driving, property inspections, good maintenance, and attentive, good quality management. By good risk control, claims are avoided and GHARRP is able to keep its premiums low and avoid increasing premiums. By being a Georgia only pool we benefit from the good quality of the management of our authorities across the state.
Report Claims Quickly and with as much detail as possible.